Think of how a beautiful display of fireworks can look marvellous in your photographs.
You do not have to leave it to the professionals to take the best photos of fireworks.
All you have to do is work around the guidelines and then you can say goodbye to the dark and blurry pictures of fireworks we often take.
- Firstly, you do not need a flash when taking these pictures so turn off your flash. It does not exert enough power to capture the fireworks rendering it useless in this case.
- Bring along a tripod with you. When shooting photographs of fireworks you need to use a long exposure and to achieve that you need to use a tripod. A good substitute to a tripod if you do not have one or the place is inappropriate is balancing your camera on top of your car or against walls. The whole idea is to keep your camera steady.
- When you know where a firework display is going to take place make sure you come early enough to choose the perfect spot to shoot your fireworks. It’s pointless arriving when the place is crowded and you still need time to set up your camera and movement will be greatly limited among the large crowd. Stay out of the way of trees, street lights, poles and anything that may become a distraction in taking your photos.
- You should also choose a spot that has a clear view of the sky and nothing that may hinder you from perfect and clear view of the display. Stay clear of people as well, your picture is not going to come out if you have people walking or standing in front of your camera.
- Your ISO settings also play an important role in making sure that you capture the perfect pictures. Make sure you reduce your ISO to about a 100. A higher ISO will only increase your camera’s sensitivity to light and also a lot of digital noise is added to your photographs.
- Make sure that you use long shutter speeds. This is a necessity and without this setting, you might as well say bye- bye to good firework photos. Set your shutter speed to about 3 seconds or even longer. It will enable your camera to capture the beautiful streaks and patterns across the sky.
- Last but not least, don’t take one, two, or three photos but a lot of them and have a lot of fun while at it. Use different angles and just keep clicking away.
Finally, your photography can really capture that spark and breathtaking display of fireworks if you just make use of the tips above. Maybe you might consider getting into professional photography.