It is one of the most important tasks to keep your camera’s viewfinder clean so that you get to see clearly in order to click images. Getting a clear view through the viewfinder is very important so that you can set up the focus and exactly know what you are clicking.
Keeping a viewfinder clean can be difficult mainly because it is very delicate and more importantly, the most important part of your camera. If you want to carefully clean your viewfinder, concentrate on following the tips given below:
Things you will need:
- A Cotton Swab
- Lens Cleaner
- Small size camel hair brush
- A lens brush with air bulb
- Lens cloth
The cleaning procedure is as follows:
- Start by finding out whether the dust is exactly deposited on the interior or the exterior of the view finder as it can get confusing at times. Observe and figure out carefully.
- If it is on the exterior of the viewfinder, moisten a cotton swab or an ear bud with water and wipe away the dirt. If water does not work, first wipe with normal cleansing milk and then wipe with water using another cotton swab.
- If the dirt is deposited on the mirror, you can still clean it with thinner cotton slab but you will require more careful handling as the inner mirror is more sensitive than the exterior of the viewfinder.
- You can dry the cleaned viewfinder with another dry and clean cotton slab so that any remains of the dirt are not left out and get absorbed in the cotton slab.
- If you have cleaned the mirror and the dust is still there on the viewfinder, you can simply use the air bulb or the lens brush to blow the dust away so that the viewfinder becomes clean.
- You can also use a soft lens cloth to wipe away the dirt and dust on the viewfinder but make sure that the lens cloth is really soft so that there are no chances of scratches appearing on the glass surface.
- In case if you want to cleat the viewfinder of a 35 mm camera, you would have to remove the lens in order to reach till the viewfinder. In this case, turn your camera upside down and brush out the dirt and dust with the help of a small camel hair brush.
- Make sure that you do not use any chemical substances like detergents and acids to clean the surface as they may leave solid deposits and residue after drying on the viewfinder, obstructing the view even more.