Posted on Jun 16, 2008 | Comments 0
Every photographer thrives to improve the quality in their pictures. An apprentice photographer or an experienced photographer, every one thrives for crystal clear images. The invention of digital cameras made every one as photographers without much effort.
No one clicks great images in few days after starting photography hobby. For yielding success, you need to follow a process. In the same way, to yield crystal clear images, you need to follow some basics and tips.
Steps for yielding crystal clear images:
Use different variables: The camera has different variables such as ISO (sensitivity), zoom, aperture, shutter speed, white balance, image size etc. Use these variables to support the quality of images.
- ISO: This is the image sensor or sensitivity of the light present in the camera. Higher ISO will give sensitive images by activating image sensors. This is used for clicking images in low lights where flash is not suggested. When it is too dark, an increase in ISO will give good photos.
- Zoom: If you are clicking a portrait, it is not necessary to have background. You should highlight the subject while ignoring the background. If the background is not clear, the photo may not get exact clarity. So, zooming to the subject expels unnecessary pixels in the frame and makes the photo clear.
- Aperture: Setting a higher aperture (lower value on the camera) will increase the detailing in the picture, which is necessary for clarity. A larger aperture expels the background and draws the attention on to the subject.
- Shutter speed: This is the amount of time the camera shutter is open. When you have lower lighting and cannot use an external flash, then the lower shutter speeds compensate the circumstance.
- White balance: By activating this, you can control the different effects of light in the pictures. You can control the light abruptions caused due to different lighting frequencies. Proper white balance can improve the quality and clarity of pictures.
- Image size: Larger image needs larger pixels and detailing. Know the image size when you are clicking the images. Larger size images supports for larger prints and vice versa.
Use a tripod: Tripod is always necessary for clicking great images; this is implemented by apprentice and well experienced photographers too. When you are clicking image, your slightest shake can spoil the shot and create a blur in the image. If your camera do not have IS (image stabilizer), then tripod is a must for a photographer.
Photo-editing software: Even after much care also some images contain abruptions. So, good photo-editing software will minimize the abruptions in the images. Sometimes, you can even add two photos and make a new photo also. Use of a good software editor is useful for crystal clarity pictures.
Read the manual: This is a boring tip for many photographers, but useful. Knowing about your camera completely will support the photographer to get good clarity pictures. Knowing the setting in the camera and its features will help you to improve the quality of images.
By following these simple techniques, even an apprentice photographer can get crystal clear images with their digital cameras.
Posted in: Digital Photography Tips and Tricks